|Rated by:||0 users|
|Updated:||Dec 12, 2009|
DVDate is a nice freeware which deals with avi videoclips. It's main purpose is to handle digital DV-avi files, but it is useful too for analogic avi-files.
When you open files in DVdate, it gives you many informations about the videoclip: codec, duration, frames-per-second, size of frames, etc..
If the file is a DV-file, it displays two pieces of information hidden in each frame:
- the datecode, which is the date and time when the video was captured in your camcorder.
- the timecode, which is the timestamp of the considered video-frame on the original DV-Tape.
These informations are printed on each frame by most camcorders, and remain on the digital frame in the avi-file as long as the frame is not recompressed. If a recompression has occured, they are no more available, and DVdate displays N/A.
DVDate is able to give the type I or type II of DV clips, and to tell you if it is a NTSC or a Pal DV clip. DVdate is also able to convert easyly DV files of type I to type II, and reciprocally.
A multimedia player is included in order to preview the clips. It has some nice features: play in Fullscreen (toggle the F11 key), display the live datecode and timecode during the playing. With arrow key you may control seeking in the video, and moreover browse the videofile for scenes (F8 for the previous scene, F9 for the next scene) if a *.scn file is available for your videofile.
SCN-files is the format of files produced by Studio DV 8 (or better), and others like Scenalyser Live. DVdate is able to read them in order to browse between the scenes of DV-files. Better, it is able to produce a scn-file for your video-file, and performs it about twice faster than Studio 8.
DV-date includes since Version 4.0 a new function which shows the RIFF-structure of the header of an avi-file, like RiffWalk.exe from Microsoft used to do.
DVdate is also useful for renaming files with datecode or timecode.
Many functions may be launched at once simultaneously for all the files opened in DVDate. DVdate includes now many keyboard shortcuts, for all his functions. Type F1 to display them.
DVdate features :
- convert a DV file from type 1 to type 2 (and reciprocally): It is useful when importing files into some video editing software that accept only videos of type 2, like Pinnacle's Studio. DVdate may recognize even some strange DV types, like those produced by Movie Edit Pro and convert them to regular DV types.
- convert a non DV file into a DV file (Pal or NTSC): it is useful when editing a project with DV files, to import easily a video clip, that was compressed with anything else than DV like DivX or Mjpeg.
- convert a DV file from Pal to NTSC or reciprocally: it is useful to make a DVD in NTSC format with a camcorder in DV Pal.
- inlay (or should I say burn) datecode or timecode into the frames of a DV file: it is useful to display the date and time of capture on the screen, like the analog camcorders used to do. This function is highly personalizable, with nice features (change font, position, schedule to display ay each scene change, display the datecode on two lines, adjust the alignment...
- create a subtitle file with the datecodes at the right times: very useful to display the datecode when playing a video, without burning it permanently in the video frames.
- export a text file with the list of scenes from a DV video: it's useful to catalog DV tapes, even to make a database of all scenes for instance in Excel.
- fix the framerate of an avi file : it may fix some out of sync issues, specially when an analog capture board did not set the correct framerate
- rename avi files by adding their datecode or timecode: it's useful when sorting video clips and archiving them.
- many other features are available: extract audio to WAV, fix a time difference, change the FourCC of the codec...
- directX 9.0 or better.
- To play videos in its integrated multimedia player, the corresponding directshow filters (sometimes called codecs) must be installed on your system.
[ more details ]
All you need to backup your DVDs
Type: Trial - Size: 35.7 MB
Rip and burn, backup and protect your CD/DVD
Type: Trial - Size: 175.68 MB
Allows access to internal hard disk drives
Type: Freeware - Size: 0.27 MB
Write most types of CD / DVD images
Type: Adware - Size: 5.8 MB
Help the users shrink a Blu-ray
Type: Freeware - Size: 5 MB
Convert NRG images to ISO format
Type: Freeware - Size: 0.54 MB
The ultimate burning software now free
Type: Freeware - Size: 53.22 MB
Easiest data CD DVD / Audio CD burner & cloner
Type: Shareware - Size: 2.37 MB
Burn your own audio CDs from MP3 and wav file
Type: Shareware - Size: 2.45 MB
Make perfect-quality backup copies
Type: Shareware - Size: 3.22 MB
Game-Cloner is smart game copy software to copy PS3 games, PS2 games, Xbox 360 games, Wii games and PC games.
Type: Shareware - Size: 3.4 MB
Burn ISO and other image files to CD/DVD.
Type: Shareware - Size: 5.43 MB
Burn Music CD Disc from MP3 WMA WAV OGG.
Type: Shareware - Size: 1.17 MB
A simple program developed for CD/DVD burning
Type: Freeware - Size: 0.47 MB
Create, extract, burn your cd/dvd image files
Type: Shareware - Size: 5.25 MB
Powerful CD image file edit tool
Type: Shareware - Size: 2.79 MB
Easy-to-use video CDs burning tool
Type: Shareware - Size: 15.88 MB
Convert DVD to AVI, MP4, 3GP, 3GPP
Type: Demo - Size: 6.05 MB
CDAID obtains CD infos from freedb.
Type: Freeware - Size: 0.44 MB
Split gigabyte file to fit on CD
Type: Shareware - Size: 0.59 MB
Freegate Professional 7.40
SoundMax Integrated Digital Audio Driver 5.12.02.5280
Counter Strike 1.6
Realtek High Definition Audio Driver for Windows XP/2000 2.71
Asus CHICONY USB2.0 UVC 1.3M WebCam Driver / Windows XP 61.005.200.200
Samsung PC Studio 18.104.22.168
Realtek High Definition Audio Driver for Windows 7 / 8 / Vista 2.71
Warcraft 3 The Frozen Throne Patch 1.26a
Microsoft UAA Bus Driver for High Definition Audio Stable
Yahoo Messenger 22.214.171.124
Protector Plus Virus Database updates May 20, 2013
WinHTTrack Website Copier 3.47-13
Avast Virus Definitions May 20, 2013
Norman Malware Cleaner May 20, 2013
Avira Antivir Rescue System May 20, 2013
Multi-SWAC Basic 126.96.36.199
Finance & Accounting
Multi-SWAC Advanced 188.8.131.52
Finance & Accounting
Multi-SWAC Viewer 184.108.40.206
Finance & Accounting
Redhaven Outline 220.127.116.1185
CD & DVD Tools
Exsense Dynamix 18.104.22.168
Web Design Tools