Geneious Basic 6.0.4
|Rated by:||0 users|
|Updated:||Dec 03, 2012|
Geneious Basic Description
Geneious is a useful, unique and easy-to-use software system which has been designed to greatly speed up and simplify the research in molecular biology and biochemistry.
Geneious lets you set up agents to let new publications and sequences automatically find you, and eliminates the need for manually cutting and pasting sequences. It contains all core bioinformatics functions in an integrated workflow.
Because Geneious agents set up a workspace with only the sequences and publications you care about, you never need to visit primary website sources again, and research can sometimes literally happen in a flash because you have circumscribed the problem of large data sets in an unwieldy format.
Geneious is for any molecular biologist that wants to improve the speed and sophistication of their research by using bioinformatics approaches, but doesn't necessarily expect to be a bioinformatician.
Note: Free for non-commercial use.
Geneious Basic features :
Organize and visualize:
- Organize, visualize and search sequences (with annotations), alignments, phylogenetic trees, publications, protein structures and more!
- Seamlessly integrated searching with Genbank, PubMed, BLAST and UniProt
Align and build trees:
- Basic pairwise alignment, multiple alignment and tree building methods including bootstrapping and consensus trees.
Import and Export:
- Import and export Newick, Nexus, FASTA and Endnote formats. Import PDF, 3D Structures, Vector NTI, Chromatograms, DNA Strider, Clustal, list of formats
- Free plugins for extended functionality, Public Java API (application programming interface) for developing your own plugins
- Java Runtime Environment 1.5
- Advanced sequence viewing – Circular sequences and plasmid mapping. Consensus, translation and complement along-side sequences.
- Contig assembly – Automated contig assembly, sequence trimming, vector screening and easy contig editing
- Primers – designing and testing, degenerate primers, mismatches and multiple primer searching. (Includes software developed by the Whitehead Institute for Biomedical Research)
- Cloning – One-step insertion into a plasmid, find and view restriction cut sites, perform restriction enzyme digests and ligate fragments.
- Sequence editing – Edit sequences, sequence alignments and annotations
- Collaborate – Share documents and chat with other users of Geneious Pro from anywhere in the world
- Server Data Storage – Store data on a secure relational database (SQL, Oracle etc.) where multiple users can work with the data concurrently.
- Agents and smart agents – Agents keep your data up to date while smart agents learn about the documents you are interested in and find more for you!
- Sequence graphs – Sequence logo graph, view and edit chromatogram sequences.
- Extended connectivity – Create custom BLAST databases. Seamless integration with Pfam, NCBI Gene and NCBI SNP databases.
[ more details ]
Astrology Software on Vedic Horary Astrology
Type: Shareware - Size: 4.93 MB
A customizable desktop weather station
Type: Trial - Size: 6.1 MB
Enhance your mental abilities
Type: Trial - Size: 52.8 MB
It renders realistic skies in real time
Type: Freeware - Size: 70.7 MB
Professional numerology software
Type: Shareware - Size: 5.31 MB
Software for computer classrooms management
Type: Demo - Size: 3.26 MB
Mobile Atlas Creator (formerly TrekBuddy Atlas Creator) - Design atlases with this tool
Type: Freeware - Size: 6.5 MB
An easy to use data analysis tool.
Type: Freeware - Size: 11.8 MB
A chart plotter for you to use.
Type: Freeware - Size: 35.3 MB
Mapping software for Garmin, Magellan, and Lowrance GPS owners.
Type: Trial - Size: 11.6 MB
A small application for vector based spatial analysis.
Type: Freeware - Size: 7.8 MB
Build neural networks with this application.
Type: Freeware - Size: 4.2 MB
Dynamical systems research tool.
Type: Freeware - Size: 12.7 MB
Human movement analysis
Type: Freeware - Size: 17.9 MB
An easy way to calculate terminological precision.
Type: Freeware - Size: 1.1 MB
Educational software for designing and simulating digital logic circuits.
Type: Freeware - Size: 0.75 MB
Solves the chemical master equation in order to calculate the rate coefficients for a reaction.
Type: Freeware - Size: 7.9 MB
A tool for analyzing solid objects.
Type: Freeware - Size: 163 MB
This utility brings the power of TI graphing calculators to your computer.
Type: Trial - Size: 22.2 MB
Resistor Values is an electrical engineering application that will calculate the value of a 4 band resistor.
Type: Trial - Size: 0.6 MB
Freegate Professional 7.40
SoundMax Integrated Digital Audio Driver 5.12.02.5280
Counter Strike 1.6
Realtek High Definition Audio Driver for Windows XP/2000 2.74
Asus CHICONY USB2.0 UVC 1.3M WebCam Driver / Windows XP 61.005.200.200
Samsung PC Studio 18.104.22.168
Realtek High Definition Audio Driver for Windows 7 / 8 / Vista 2.75
Warcraft 3 The Frozen Throne Patch 1.26a
Microsoft UAA Bus Driver for High Definition Audio Stable
Yahoo Messenger 22.214.171.124
Protector Plus Virus Database updates October 31, 2014
Chameleon Delayer Lite 126.96.36.199.144
Launchers & Task Manager Utilities
Wise Disk Cleaner 8.34.589
Avast Virus Definitions October 31, 2014
Kaspersky Virus Removal Tool 188.8.131.52 [31.10.2014]
Norman Malware Cleaner October 31, 2014
Conquer Online Patch 5987
Patches & Updates
Microsoft Security Essentials & ForeFront Client Security Definition Updates October 31, 2014
mnIMAPSync 0.0.3 Alpha
Tools & Utilities