|Rated by:||0 users|
|Publisher:||Riverbank Computing Limited|
|Updated:||Mar 20, 2014|
PyQt is a set of Python bindings for Nokia's Qt application framework. There are two sets of bindings: PyQt v4 supports Qt v4; and the older PyQt v3 supports Qt v3 and earlier. The bindings are implemented as a set of Python modules and contain over 300 classes and over 6,000 functions and methods.
PyQt4 contains the following Python modules.
- The QtCore module contains the core non-GUI classes, including the event loop and Qt's signal and slot mechanism. It also includes platform independent abstractions for Unicode, threads, mapped files, shared memory, regular expressions, and user and application settings.
- The QtGui module contains the majority of the GUI classes. These include a number of table, tree and list classes based on the model-view-controller design pattern. Also provided is a sophisticated 2D canvas widget capable of storing thousands of items including ordinary widgets.
- The QtHelp module contains classes for creating and viewing searchable documentation and being able to integrate online help with PyQt applications. It is based on the C++ port of the Lucene text search engine.
- The QtNetwork module contains classes for writing UDP and TCP clients and servers. It includes classes that implement FTP and HTTP clients and support DNS lookups. Network events are integrated with the event loop making it very easy to develop networked applications.
- The QtOpenGL module contains classes that enable the use of OpenGL in rendering 3D graphics in PyQt applications.
- The QtSql module contains classes that integrate with open-source and proprietary SQL databases. It includes editable data models for database tables that can be used with GUI classes. It also includes an implementation of SQLite.
- The QtSvg module contains classes for displaying the contents of SVG files. It supports the static features of SVG 1.2 Tiny.
- The QtTest module contains functions that enable unit testing of PyQt applications. PyQt does not implement the complete Qt unit test framework. Instead it assumes that the standard Python unit test framework will be used and implements those functions that simulate a user interacting with a GUI.
- The QtXml module implements SAX and DOM interfaces to Qt's XML parser.
- The QtXmlPatterns module implements XQuery and XPath support for XML and custom data models.
- The phonon module implements a multimedia framework that enables the use of audio and video content in PyQt applications. On Windows DirectX is used as the backend, on MacOS/X QuickTime is used as the backend, and on Linux GStreamer is used as the backend.
PyQt also contains a number of utility programs.
- pyuic4 corresponds to the Qt uic utility. It converts GUIs created using Qt Designer to Python code.
- pyrcc4 corresponds to the Qt rcc utility. It embeds arbitrary resources (eg. icons, images, translation files) described by an XML resource collection file in a Python module. These resources can then be accessed from a PyQt application as files in a virtual filesystem.
- pylupdate4 corresponds to the Qt lupdate utility. It extracts all of the translatable strings from Python code and creates or updates translation files. These are then used by Qt Linguist to manage the translation of those strings.
NOTE: PyQt follows a similar licensing model to that used by Qt and is available under the following licenses.
- GNU General Public License v2
- GNU General Public License v3
- PyQt Commercial License
[ more details ]
Is the class browser, explorer for .NET.
Type: Freeware - Size: 0.98 MB
Latest open platform for Samsung
Type: Freeware - Size: 367 MB
Portable version of Adobe Reader Lite
Type: Freeware - Size: 15.62 MB
Business startup e-book guides for 50 states
Type: Shareware - Size: 6.28 MB
FlashIME is auto-complete, auto-type
Type: Trial - Size: 0.45 MB
View detailed information about an exe file
Type: Freeware - Size: 1.8 MB
Displays useful information about the OpenGL
Type: Freeware - Size: 7.2 MB
Track a GPS enabled cell phone on Google maps
Type: Freeware - Size: 11 MB
Free ISO 10303 STEP File (stp) viewer
Type: Freeware - Size: 44.6 MB
A Subversion client
Type: Freeware - Size: 14.8 MB
Freeware utility to generate barcodes
Type: Freeware - Size: 1.75 MB
Another mus mapper to help you with your game development.
Type: Freeware - Size: 11.9 MB
Employee attendance management program
Type: Trial - Size: 2.05 MB
A GUI test automation tool.
Type: Freeware - Size: 1.7 MB
DreamCalc Scientific Graphing Calculator
Type: Shareware - Size: 4.39 MB
Slender strut (column) buckling
Type: Shareware - Size: 1.5 MB
Create User Interface Designs and Interactive Prototypes Without Writing a Single Line of Code.
Type: Trial - Size: 18.3 MB
Develop custom solutions for Microsoft Office Visio 2010 Beta.
Type: Freeware - Size: 12.9 MB
Create any type of label fast and easily!
Type: Shareware - Size: 3.47 MB
A handy programming tool.
Type: Freeware - Size: 12.5 MB
Freegate Professional 7.40
SoundMax Integrated Digital Audio Driver 5.12.02.5280
Counter Strike 1.6
Realtek High Definition Audio Driver for Windows XP/2000 2.74
Asus CHICONY USB2.0 UVC 1.3M WebCam Driver / Windows XP 61.005.200.200
Samsung PC Studio 188.8.131.52
Realtek High Definition Audio Driver for Windows 7 / 8 / Vista 2.75
Warcraft 3 The Frozen Throne Patch 1.26a
Microsoft UAA Bus Driver for High Definition Audio Stable
Yahoo Messenger 184.108.40.206
Avant Browser 2015 build 2
Azureus Ultra Accelerator 4.7.0
Backup & Recovery
BitComet Ultra Accelerator 4.7.0
Bond Yield Calculator 3.0
Calculators & Converters
Disk Redactor 2.1.202
File & Disk Management
Gadwin PrintScreen 5.4
MP3 Torpedo 6.5.0